Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Bonus Activity Day 2

Image result for Topai

INGREDIENTS:


  1. 3 cups of flour mix it with water,
  2.  Cut little pieces of coconut until it looks like confetti, 
  3. Then sprinkle it on top of the flour and water. Then mix it. 
  4. As you are mixing it, it should be lumpy 
  5. then you take a hand full of the mix and then make a circle shape by rolling it around on your palm
  6. Last of all, when you are done with making round balls out of the mix place them all in the pot and wait for it to cook, and then you can eat it.
Topai is a traditional meal for tongans, We literally eat it for Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner, and supper.
Hope you enjoy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
I have never tried Topai.. Wonder what it would taste like!!! I like how you have put the instructions and ingredients in, now I can make some and try it.. Why is Topai your favourite meal??? Until next time!!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Sarah

Great work! I have tried Topai and it is delicious. I wanna thank you for putting the recipe down because I've only tasted it because one of my sisters mum made it. As Vedel said why is Topai your favourite meal? have a great holiday :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Thank you for that wonderful comment jolie and Vedel but the reason why I like topai so much is because I grew up with it and it is like my best friend to eat when I am down.

Unknown said...

Hey shara

Topia sounds amazing I can't wait to try it sounds yummy . By the way keep up the amazing work talk to you in the future ,

yours truly stars

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Sarah!

This is awesome! I love that you have shared a traditional Tongan food with us. It's so cool to learn about your culture and traditions, including the food you eat! I remember drinking lots of coconut milk when I was in Tonga, but I didn't get to try Topai.

Thanks for sharing the recipe wth us too - hopefully we'll get the chance to try and make it! It looks easy and yum!

Nicky :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Dear Nicky
I am so glad you loved it at Tonga and it is my pleasure to bring back the memories when you were on my island.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment