Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity 1

3 facts about Maui


  1. Maui used a jawbone that his ancestors has given him, which however he used to pull up the North island
  2. Maui had magical powers and was certainly better than his foster brothers.
  3. Maui was also surprisingly trickster

I haven't really been that fascinated about Maui but after reading this story about maui and his brothers it created a whole new world for me to learn more about him, however the only story I really heard about him was Maui and the Sun, and just now I learned a new story about Maui and his brothers trying to slow down the sun to make the days much more longer.

6 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Sarah

brilliant work! I love your three facts about Mui they are very interesting. It is good how you learnt about Maui and the sun. Have a great holiday :)

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Sarah
Fantastic Work!! I enjoyed reading your post they are very different to the others and I have learnt quiet a lot from reading it.. If you were Maui for a day, what would you do and why?? Can't wait for more!!

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Thank you Vedel for the positive comment and If I was maui I would do the exact same thing that he did because I think it was a grown up thing to do.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

You to jolie have a fantastic hoilday

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Sarah,

My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey this summer.

Well done! Those are three good facts. I wonder why you think that Maui was better than his brothers. Is there anything in the story that makes you think that?

How cool that you are interested in Maui stories now! I'm glad you've heard of Maui and the Sun. Here's another story if you are interested in learning more about Maui. It's called "How Maui brought fire to the world":

http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-brought-fire-to-the-world

Let me know if you enjoy this story too!
Cheers,
Ruby.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi ruby
I took a look at the story and it was amazing, thank you so much you are very helpful. Im glad that you are doing this with me.

Post a Comment