Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day #2: Activity 1 New Zealand by Land and Sea

I went to Rangitoto which is a nature reserve and the largest volcano in New Zealand. The best thing I liked was aka bird watching. Seeing all the native birds such as the More pork, Tui's,Weka's, and the kea's.

After I went to Rangitoto I went to Karekare beach which is the beach where they filmed the 1993 film The Piano. After a nice swim and a picnic on the beach it was time to go to the oldest kauri tree in New Zealand the Tane Mahuta.

Tane Mahuta is one of the most oldest trees in all of New Zealand. Tane Mahuta is the most giant kauri tree and is guessed to be 1250 and 2500 years old. I did an long walk to the forest. My journey on the track was so fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah!

I love that you gave us so much information about your experiences at each of these places! It sounds like you had a really fun time!

Which place you visited was your favourite?

Nicky :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment