Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2

What are the similarities and the non similarities to my own home and a Wharepuni

SIMILARITIES:

  • A Wharepuni is place where families sleep - My home is where my family and I sleep
  • A Wharepuni house was made by hand by the Maori people - My home was also made by hand by my family members. 

NON SIMILARITIES

  • A Wharepuni roof and walls were made of timber, fern, rushes and bark 
  • A Wharepuni is just where the people sleep - My home is where I store food, Sleep, and more. 



You guys may be wondering wait in NZ people have jobs to built houses, I was actually comparing a Wharepuni with my house in Tonga. Tonga is similar to what the Maori people did back in the days, so I thought it was a good idea to do my home land in Tonga and compare it to the Wharepuni.

Hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Sarah!

You've done a great job with this activity! I think it's a great idea to compare the wharepuni to your house is Tonga and you've made some interesting comparisons - particularly that both were built by the people of the land, but they are used differently. Whereabouts in Tonga are you from? I visited Tonga about 7 years ago. I mostly stayed in Nuku'alofa and I loved it.

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Sarah

This is very good. I agree with Nicky its great how you compared the Wharenui to your house in Tonga. Quick question, was this task easy?

Keep up the great work :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi Nicky!

I come from different types of islands but the one I loved the most was Folaha Thanks for the comment.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Sarah,

Cool, thanks for sharing. I searched Folaha on google and it looks quite small but lots of fun with all the dancing and festivities :)

Nicky

Post a Comment