Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1 Activity 2

Activity 2: What’s in a Name? 
During the 1950s the population of New Zealand grew by 400,000 people. That is huge! In fact, so many people were having babies that many people refer to this period in our history as the ‘baby boom.’ Popular baby names in 1950s New Zealand were:

GIRLS BOYS
Christine John
Susan David
Margaret Peter
Judith Michael
Jennifer Robert

Read through the lists. Are these popular names in your school? On your blog, tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.

When I was going to school, the name ‘Jennifer’ was the most popular girl’s name and the name ‘Matthew’ was the most popular boy’s name.

In my school the most popular names for Boys and Girls are:
_____________________________________________

GIRLS
Angel
Jessie
BOYS
Sam 
John

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

Anonymous said...

Greetings there Sarah,

My name is Aletheia and I am from Tamaki Primary School also doing the summer learning journey.
I really enjoy reading your blog post about popular kids name in your class but something I think you should work on is putting on some images on your blog to make it look more better instead of just having writings on your blog for your readers to looks at.


CHEERS,
Aletheia!

Ellee said...

Hi Sarah!

My name is Ellee, I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey Crew that is commenting on your blogs this summer.
Looks like you have been super busy completing your activities this summer, awesome work!

These are really interesting popular names! I have only met a couple Angel's so I am surprised that the names is so popular at your school! Do you have any really unique names at your school? I think the most unique name I have come across is Heaven-Leigh.... that's a lot of pressure to live up to huh?

Hope you have had an awesome summer break, keep up the great work with your blog!

Ellee :)

Post a Comment