Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5 Bonus Activity

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

When World War II ended, a number of people from Europe moved to New Zealand looking for a peaceful place to live and raise a family. When they came, they brought recipes and foods from their native countries with them, including hamburgers, pizza and other delicious foods.

I usually have a chocolate chip cookie with my tea. I love biscuits! What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it. Type the recipe out on your blog. Make sure you also include a picture.

Image result for scones recipe

DIRECTIONS

  1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
  2. Cut butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
  3. Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough.
  4. Knead a few times.
  5. Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
  6. Press scone dough out onto this.
  7. Cut into 12 even-sized pieces.
  8. Leave a 2 cm space between scones.
  9. Brush tops with milk.
  10. Bake at 220C for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

You chose a lovely recipe for your example of a favourite treat! I bake tea biscuits or scones every week, and I also bake muffins every few days. So I love our choice!

After WWII a lot of people moved to Canada from Europe in order to find work and a peaceful place in which to live. Some of my neighbours were new Canadians and some of my mother's friends were war brides who had married Canadian soldiers and moved to Toronto, Canada when the war was over. Many war brides were British and scones were a favourite baked item of theirs, especially when served with jam!

I hope you'll keep working on the Summer Learning Journey and I hope you're also having a lovely summer holiday time!

Leslie

Unknown said...

hi Sarah
Yum, this looks and sounds very nice.. What do you usually eat it with??

Unknown said...

Kia ora Sarah,

Wow amazing work you have done so far. Yum! What other delicious food do you like? Keep up the brilliant work friend, Mya

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Sarah!

Scones are a great choice! I love eating them with jam and cream. I also love cheese scones. When my brother worked at a cafe called Robert Harris, I would always beg him to bring the leftover cheese scones home for me. What do you like to eat scones with?

Do you make your own scones at home?

Nicky :)

Post a Comment